APTN National NewsSaskatchewan’s child welfare system has faced criticism in the past, and little has changed, according to the children’s advocate latest annual report.Sadly, the findings are not surprising. Children in care face risk of death either by their own hand or through neglect, the report found.APTN National News reporter Delaney Windigo has more.
Everton defender Seamus Coleman has revealed he won’t make excuses after struggling to return to his best form following his return from a ten-month layoff.While the Republic of Ireland international has not been at his best in recent weeks he refused to look for excuses and insists the leg which was broken has never been a problem for him since making his comeback.“Never for a second. It does not give me a day’s bother,” he said, according to Sports Mole.“Unfortunately the injury I’ve had this season (stress fracture of a foot) has turned out to be very frustrating; coming back, pulling out, coming back.“But there are no excuses, to play in the Premier League you have to be at the top level and if you are not you get found out.“Unfortunately this season I’ve not been up to my own high standards and I’m the first to admit that.Premier League Betting: Match-day 5 Stuart Heath – September 14, 2019 Going into the Premier League’s match-day five with a gap already beginning to form at the top of the league. We will take a…“The other thing is because I’ve scored a goal it doesn’t mean I’m the best player in the world.”Seamus believes his teammate, Richarlison can go on to become one of the world’s elite after the Brazilian took his tally for the season to six with two goals against the Seagulls.“You don’t want to put massive pressure on him but we are all excited by him and his ability,” said the Irishman.“His quality to score goals is amazing and his work-rate is second-to-none so that’s impressive.“He’s a top player and we are lucky to have him. He won’t get big-headed by his performances.“He’s a great lad, he’s had a tough time to get here and I can see him going to the very top.”
Teenage star Moise Kean is living a dream at Juventus this season by playing alongside the real Cristiano RonaldoThe 18-year-old forward came through youth ranks at Juventus and graduated to the first-team in 2016.Kean is highly-rated over in Turin and is the first player born in the 2000s to feature in a Champions League match as well as in one of Europe’s top four leagues.Now the teenager gets to continue learning his trade alongside one of the best ever in the business in the form of five-time Ballon d’Or winner Ronaldo after playing him on Play Station in his youth.“CR7? I had only seen him on the Play Station before!” Kean told RMC Sport.“Playing with him has improved me a lot, I learn a lot from him as well as from the other champions with the Bianconeri.”Although Kean’s childhood idol was former Inter and AC Milan striker Mario Balotelli.Fiorentina owner: “Ribery played better than Ronaldo!” Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Fiorentina owner Rocco Commisso was left gushing over Franck Ribery’s performance against Juventus, which he rates above that of even Cristiano Ronaldo’s.“He was my idol, but only for how he played,” Kean said on Balotelli.“He’s a good boy, he gives me lots of advice because he does not want me to live what he’s been through.”Due to only 14 minutes of action this season at Juventus, Kean had been linked with a January loan move.“Will I move in January? I do not know what will happen,” admitted Kean.“I do not know and I cannot say what will happen yet.“The club will decide. They will make their evaluations and we will see.”Kean made his Italy debut in November in a friendly against the United States.
The Temporary Flight Restriction (TFR) is still in effect to support suppression efforts and firefighter safety. Pilots and drone operators can confirm the current TFR restrictions at https://tfr.faa.gov/save_pages/detail_9_4869.html. Be advised that drone operation is not permitted on the Refuge. Sarah Saarloos with DOF: “With this cooler, cloudier weather crews were really able to make progress on that southwest corner with being able to reinforce that indirect line and get those strengthened in case we move into warmer weather which is forecasted mid week.” Motorists reminded to yield to fire apparatus entering the Sterling Highway and to adhere to traffic signage staged near miles 82 and 92. There is a total of 94 staff members, and the fire remains 5.5 miles from the City of Sterling. Saarloos: “We do have the Pioneer Peak, Gannett Glacier, and UAF crews. We also added the local Yukon fire crew into the mix on Sunday. They are in that same southwest portion of the fire.” Saarloos: “With the distance away from the fire, there is a plan in place to go out and put protections out there if needed.” Facebook0TwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享The moderating weather throughout the weekend resulted in minimal fire growth at the Swan Lake Fire, with the latest size estimate of 12,782 acres. This is an increase of only about 200 acres, according to the Alaska Division of Forestry. Assessments were made on Sunday on infrastructure north of the fire including a public-use cabin, to determine what protections would be needed if fire activity intensifies over this week. On Sunday, as expected, crews anticipated a change in the weather to warmer and drier, firefighters worked to continue building and fortifying line along the south finger of the fire, south of the pipeline corridor. Helicopters will continue supporting crews this week with bucket drops of water as needed. Crews made progress improving the fireline along the southwest edge of the fire near the community of Sterling. Work included enhancing protections around energy infrastructure, according to Saarloos.
Siliguri: The state government have taken various initiatives to support the unemployed women of Alipurduar financially and help them earn a living through independent means.’Karmateertha’, an association has been inaugurated by Tanmay Biswas, Block Development Officer of Madarihaat area, on Wednesday in Alipurduar.The association is located at Beerpara block in front of Madarihaat Jaldapara Lodge.PD Samrat Nandi, deputy of the District Mission Management Unit and Jay Ranjan Dutta, National Rural Livelihood Mission Nodal Officer of Beerpara block were present at the inauguration ceremony along with Biswas. Nine stalls have been set up for the working women from the Self-Help Group. The government is mulling modification of ‘Karmateertha’ into a shopping complex where the workers will be handed over shops of their own to sell their own hand-made stuff. “We have the government’s full support to help the women and make them independent. At present, nine stalls have been arranged so that they can immediately start working and in the future, the government will assist them whenever they require help,” stated Biswas.
Dad slams ‘disgusting’ hospital window Driver named following fatal collision Get the biggest Daily stories by emailSubscribeSee our privacy noticeThank you for subscribingSee our privacy noticeCould not subscribe, try again laterInvalid EmailPlans have been revealed to build a petrol station and 24-hour drive-thru coffee shop on one of Stoke-on-Trent’s busiest roads. Developer Christian Spencer Leisure has identified vacant land off King Street, Fenton – near KFC – for the proposed development. The petrol station will boast up to eight pumps and have 28 parking spaces. But the developer is refusing to name which ‘major national chain’ has already signed up to operate the drive-thru cafe. The development should create between 25 and 32 full-time equivalent jobs. King Street, Fenton. (Image: Stoke Sentinel) Its planning application to Stoke-on-Trent City Council states: “Although the intended occupiers cannot be named publicly for reasons of commercial confidentiality, firm commitment from operators to progress the scheme is in place, subject to planning permission. “The petrol station is the principal use and the anchor of the scheme. The convenience store would provide the kiosk for fuel sales and cater primarily to passing motorists and, in addition to fuel sales, help to meet their daily convenience top-up shopping needs.” Nearby residents have welcomed the scheme. The land used to be part of the former Diamond Gimson works which stopped operating in 1999. Read MoreCosta Coffee is opening ANOTHER Stoke-on-Trent drive-thru (and here’s where) Fred Oakman, of Wileman Drive, said: “It is a good idea and it won’t bother me at all. It will add to the traffic around King Street but we can’t stop that and something will go there eventually.” Graham Baddeley, of Victoria Place, added: “The land has been vacant for quite some time and there are plenty of things that could be built there. Sainsbury’s would have been quite nice to save us having to go to Stoke.” Joe Heaney, of Fenton, said: “It won’t cause any problems to anyone.” Council planners are set to rule on the application within weeks. Read MoreTop stories on StokeonTrentLive Follow StokeonTrentLive Download our app – You can download our free app for iPhone and iPad from Apple’s App Store, or get the Android version from Google Play. Follow StokeonTrentLive on Facebook – Like our Facebook page to get the latest news in your feed and join in the lively discussions in the comments. Click here to give it a like! Follow us on Twitter – For breaking news and the latest stories, click here to follow SOTLive on Twitter. Follow us on Instagram – Featuring pictures past and present from across Stoke-on-Trent, North Staffordshire & South Cheshire – and if you tag us in your posts, we could repost your picture on our page! We also put the latest news in our Instagram Stories. Click here to follow StokeonTrentLive on Instagram. Police search for missing woman Punter found hiding in bushes
State Rep. Michael Webber will host his monthly office hours on Monday, Aug. 27 from 4 to 5:30 p.m. at Panera Bread, 2921 S. Rochester Road in Rochester Hills.“I am committed to making state government accessible and accountable to the people,” Rep. Webber said. “Local residents who are interested in discussing legislative matters or have questions related to state government are encouraged to stop by at their convenience.”No appointment is necessary. Those unable to attend may contact Rep. Webber at 517-373-1773 or via email at MichaelWebber@house.mi.gov. Categories: Webber News 23Aug Residents can meet with Rep. Webber on Aug. 27
Jonathan BatesFormer Rightster and ITV executive Jonathan Bates has joined action sports media company Factory Media as creative director, partnerships. In the newly created role, Bates will work to expand Factory Media’s content distribution network from owned media through its 27 lifestyle sports and culture brands, spanning print and online.This will include launching dedicated YouTube channels and creating a syndicated publisher network. He will also formalise Factory Media’s partnerships with creators and talent.He will report directly to Dee Smith, who joined Factory Media late last year as director of content.Bates joins from video-distribution specialist Rightster, where he was director of entertainment, leading distribution, monetisation and strategy for the multichannel network’s entertainment-focused rights holders, brands and publishers in the UK, US and EMEA.Before that, he was head of multiplatform video at ITV, responsible for the UK commercial broadcaster’s short form video, including programme support, digital firsts and branded content.“I’ve poached Jonathan because he’s the only person who truly understands how we plan to disrupt the traditional MCN model,” said Smith.“Factory is all about talent and Jonathan has bags of it, along with current and direct senior-level expertise in both the creative and commercial aspects of extracting maximum value from video content across all platforms. His skill set and frankly tireless approach to deal-making is exactly what we — as one of world’s biggest owners of content in the lifestyle sports and culture genre — need to realise our ambition of creating a targeted and unique content distribution network.”