Cardinals expect improving Murphy to contribute ri

first_img Cardinals expect improving Murphy to contribute right away There has been plenty of talk about the Cardinals and apossible interest in Peyton Manning, but according to Marc Sessler ofNFL.com, the team may have interest in a differentpasser in the coming weeks.Green Bay’s Matt Flynn, who has impressed in a limitednumber of starts, figures to latch on somewhere as astarting quarterback, and while the Dolphins, Browns,Redskins and Seahawks all figure to be in on the QB, thisis a road the Cardinals already traveled once before. Still, as Sessler writes:The Jets could pursue a free-agent passer and don’t countout the Cardinals. Arizona, of course, took the bait on last year’s big free-agent arm, Kevin Kolb, paying him $63 million over fiveyears, only to watch him go 2-6 as a starter. D-backs president Derrick Hall: Franchise ‘still focused on Arizona’ Nevada officials reach out to D-backs on potential relocation Comments   Share   Top Stories What an MLB source said about the D-backs’ trade haul for Greinke Would the Cardinals really cut last year’s Kevin Kolb,Kolb, in favor of this year’s version?Doubtful.Though Flynn is just 26 and has shown some serious skillin limited action, the very fact that Kolb struggled lastyear would give anyone pause on handing the unprovensignal caller a big contract — especially the Cardinals. Flynn may have all the tools to become a good startingquarterback for an NFL team, and chances are good someteam will take a chance on him this summer.Just don’t expect that team to be the Arizona Cardinals.last_img read more

August 20 2003 PUBLIC RESTROOMS 6 – WALL This co

first_imgAugust 20, 2003PUBLIC RESTROOMS 6 – WALL: This continues the report from 6/24. The outer wall of the public bathroom facilities in Unit 8 in the East Crescent is built with block. [Photo & text: sa] The upper three rows are finished with glass block. Welding manager Ron Chandler sets the glass blocks on wooden spacers to get an even seam. [Photo: Ania Gorka & text: sa] The wall looking north-east. [Photo & text: sa] The entrance to the handicap accessable bathroom. The interior is framed and in the process of drywall application and tiling. See the next report on this facility posted on 8/28. [Photo & text: sa]last_img

The Middle East and North Africa region is still l

first_imgThe Middle East and North Africa region is still lagging behind advanced markets in the development of HD services, despite being ahead of Europe in terms of HD screen sales growth and HDTV growth relative to the total number of TV channels, according to a study by HD platform operator YahLive, satellite operator SES and Dubai-based broadcast consultancy ChannelSculptor. According to the study, despite growth in demand for HD screens, relatively few MENA viewers were actually experiencing HD channels.MENA has an estimated 650 free-to-air channels, representing 70% of the total number of channels, a far higher proportion than the global average. Over 10% of MENA channels are now broadcast in HD, compared with 9.3% in Europe, according to the study. However, HD broadcasts are often of low quality.“Consumers are being forced to settle for low-quality HD broadcasts as the MENA market itself doesn’t provide broadcasters with great financial incentives, thereby depriving consumers of the real emotion-evoking ‘being there’ HD experience,” said Mohamed Youssif, CEO of YahLive.“More than 50% of MENA’s HD channels are government-owned and 80% of these are free-to-air, limiting the commercialization of HD,” said Nick Grande, managing director of ChannelSculptor. “Commercialisation of HD requires channel ‘encryption,’ paving the future path for paid subscription and the development of a low-pay TV model. However, ‘encryption’ is perceived as a dirty word in this region as governments believe that it will undermine emerging HD audiences.”last_img read more

Russian pay TV operator NTV has named Ilya Sitkov

first_imgRussian pay TV operator NTV+ has named Ilya Sitkovisky as its new CEO.Sitkovsky was recently appointed deputy director of international relations at state-backed broadcaster RTR, having previously served as general director of Rosmediakom and as advisor to the department of legal and corporate governance of RTR.The appointment of Sitkovsky follows the unexpected dismissal of Alexey Kukolevsky, the previous NTV+ CEO.Kukolevsky’s departure follows a change of management at the pay TV platform’s owner Gazprom Media. CEO Nikolay Senkevich resigned a month ago, to be replaced by Mikhail Lesin, founder of advertising giant Video International.last_img

Mike Hopkins Disney and Fox have come on board Hul

first_imgMike HopkinsDisney and Fox have come on board Hulu’s new channels streaming service.The deals mean nets including ESPN and Fox Sports will be on the upcoming service as well as Disney Channel, FX and National Geographic among others.In all, the deals cover 35 nets from Disney and Fox, including their respective broadcast nets ABC and Fox.Hulu has already inked an affiliate deal with Time Warner’s Turner for channels including TNT, Cartoon Network and CNN.Disney, Fox and Time Warner are all shareholders in Hulu, as is Comcast, which has yet to agree a channels deals for NBC and its cable nets.Hulu’s channel streaming service will launch in early 2017 and is expected to offer a raft of streamed channels for about US$40 (€36). Hulu currently offers a free service as well as US$7.99 limited commercials, and an advertising free service for US$11.99.An exact launch date and pricing details of the channels service have yet to be announced.“We’re building a service that offers subscribers the most sought-after programming on television — and channels from 21st Century Fox and The Walt Disney Company are essential to that mix,” said Mike Hopkins, CEO of Hulu.“With these two new deals in place, and additional partners to come, Hulu will soon give TV fans of all ages live and on-demand access to their favourite programs in a whole new, more flexible, highly personalised way.”last_img read more

ShareTweet

first_imgShareTweet CHAMBERLAIN STREETDarragh MackinDerryFacebook page of dissident group Saoradh restored after legal threatJUNIOR MCDAID HOUSESAORADH A Facebook page of a dissident republican party Saoradh which was removed from the site has reappeared just days after legal action was threatened.Saoradh – which has its headquarters at Junior McDaid House in Derry’s Chamberlain Street – had accused the social media giant of political discrimination after claims it removed pages last year.However, the party’s “national page” reappeared on Monday.In a letter to its lawyer, Darragh Mackin of Phoenix Law, a law firm representing Facebook Ireland said it had “not discriminated against your client on the grounds of political opinion or otherwise”.It is understood shortly after the page was restored a video of a republican funeral in Derry was removed and an administrator banned for 30 days.Mr Mackin had been seeking a court order to force Facebook to reinstate the pages, alleging it was a breach of the right to freedom of expression in the European Convention on Human Rights.He told The Irish News: “The reinstatement of the Saoradh Facebook page is considerably important for the principle of freedom of expression.“It can never be acceptable to allow social media giants to dictate as to who can and who cannot express their political opinion.”Facebook page of dissident group Saoradh restored after legal threat was last modified: February 7th, 2019 by John2John2 Tags:last_img read more