Councillor Ian McGarvey is calling on Donegal County Council to provide footpaths in key areas of Rathmullan and Ramelton.The Letterkenny Mayor has highlighted safety issues for pedestrians in a busy part of Rathmullan – from Ballyboe Bridge to the town.A footpath had been planned for the area, but Cllr McGarvey was told by the roads department that no budget was available as it was not included in this year’s programme. These works will be considered in future programmes, the Letterkenny MD meeting was told yesterday.Cllr McGarvey also asked for footpaths to be provided around Ramelton at Rectory Road to the Cup and Saucer, Letterkenny Road to NS Medical Centre, the Nursing Home, Church of Ireland and Chapel and the Kilmacrennan Road to Drumonaghan Wood Walk. He said that footpaths were an important topic as more people go out running, walking and cycling.Fergal Doherty, Area Manager, Roads and Transportation told the council that the Ramelton paths will also be considered for future funding programmes as many routes are already on their Footpath & Public Lighting list. Construction can take place ‘if and when’ funding becomes available.Also in Ramelton, Cllr McGarvey succeeded in passing a motion to have public toilet signs erected at the Cup and Saucer to inform tourists of the nearest facilities. Council asked to step up and build footpaths in Rathmullan and Ramelton was last modified: May 15th, 2019 by Rachel McLaughlinShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Cllr Ian McGarveyRameltonRathmullan
Every company has sensitive information that it needs to protect. If that information falls into the wrong hands, companies can often suffer serious legal consequences which can ruin their image or sometimes even close their doors.Enter the SD Key. It’s a locally produced encryption device for IT security and the first of its kind to be sold in South Africa.The unique, encrypted serial number stored on the key’s chip is embedded in a solid injection mould and physical attempts to access the chip will destroy it. The serial number is attached to an application (any file type) making nearly impossible to open without using the correct key.The robust product functions with a 128Kb encryption program and does not require a password. One key can be used for multiple tasks.The SD Key is based on a European product but has improved features, including the tamper-proof mould.Product improvements will be available to download, at no extra cost, to registered users. The token authenticates the user and replaces the password.SD Key (Pty) Ltd, a Proudly South African company, will export its limited range of products to Europe, Australia, Asia, the Middle East and South America.SouthAfrica.info reporter
Share Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest Note: USDA NASS delayed the release of this report until noon on Tuesday, September 11th.Wet Conditions PrevailConditions were very dry at the beginning of the week but ample rains were received by week’s end, according to Cheryl Turner, State Statistician, USDA, NASS, Ohio Field Office. There were 4.4 days suitable for fieldwork in Ohio during the week ending September 9. Soybeans continued to drop leaves and remained in good to excellent condition. Pastures and hay received some much needed rain. Fields were growing and greening from the new moisture. Harvest was delayed in some areas due to continued rainfall. Corn for silage harvest made headway despite widespread rains. There were little opportunities for haymaking last week. Some areas subsequently had concerns of flooding. Rain also delayed livestock and manure management activities.Click here to see the full report
Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppTurks and Caicos, Grand Turk, July 13th 2017: A fire at a residence right now in Grand Turk, and the family is reportedly losing everything.The fire in North Backsalina has been burning about 45 minutes now and the owners are just watching as all goes up in flames.The Capital Island still has no domestic fire unit. The airport fire team, we are told is unable to come to the rescue as there are flights on the ground.The fire is devouring the Missick family house; which is just across the street from the home of the area’s MP and the country’s Health Minister, Edwin Astwood. Everyone is safe.#MagneticMediaNews#NoFireUnitInGrandTurkToBlameForFamilyHomeGone Related Items: Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp
Thorgan Hazard, brother of Chelsea’s Eden, has emerged as a reported target for Atletico MadridThe 25-year-old winger has been at Borussia Monchengladbach for the past four years and has inserted himself as a key member of the squad.In fact, Hazard’s eight goals and five assists in 12 Bundesliga games this season have helped Gladbach move up to second in the standings.The Belgium international has frequently been tipped to follow in his older brother’s footsteps by joining a big European club.Zidane reveals Sergio Ramos injury concern for Real Madrid Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Zinedine Zidane has put Sergio Ramos’ availability for Real Madrid’s trip to Sevilla next weekend in doubt after withdrawing him against Levante.Now Marca reports that Atletico are eyeing up a move for Hazard with his future at Gladbach in doubt.Hazard’s current contract at the German side expires in June 2020 and he’s yet to accept an extension from Gladbach.And an offer from Atletico may be appealing to Hazard as it could bring about a family reunion at the Spanish capital with his brother, Eden, strongly linked with a switch to Real Madrid.Gladbach will face RB Leipzig away in the Bundesliga on Sunday.
READING, MA — The Reading Municipal Light Department offers no-cost home energy assessments to residential customers who are interested in implementing energy efficiency and conservation measures. The assessment consists of an evaluation of the home to identify efficiency measures that will help to conserve energy and lower your electric bill. Information about the various residential rebate programs is also provided.To request a Home Energy Assessment, please contact RMLD’s provider, Energy New England, at 888-772-4242.If you are a served by a gas utility that is a Mass Save member (such as National Grid), RMLD recommends that you obtain a home energy assessment through Mass Save because it will evaluate items in your home that are specific to your heating type. Visit Mass Save’s website to schedule an appointment with them.(NOTE: The above announcement is from RMLD.)Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading… RelatedSAVE THE DATE: RMLD To Hold Family-Friendly Open House On October 10In “Community”RMLD Cuts Ribbon For New Battery Energy Storage SystemIn “Government”RMLD Invites Customers To Attend Free Electric Car Show In Wilmington On September 15In “Community”
China has served notice to World Trade Organization member,s including the European Union and the United States that complaints about its cheap exports will need to meet a higher standard from December 2016, a Beijing envoy said at a WTO meeting.Ever since it joined the WTO in 2001, China has frequently attracted complaints that its exports are being “dumped”, or sold at unfairly cheap prices on foreign markets. Under world trade rules, importing countries can slap punitive tariffs on goods that are suspected of being dumped.Normally such claims are based on a comparison with domestic prices in the exporting country.But the terms of China’s membership stated that — because it was not a “market economy” — other countries did not need to use China’s domestic prices to justify their accusations of Chinese dumping, but could use other arguments.China’s representative at a WTO meeting on Tuesday said the practice was “outdated, unfair and discriminatory” and under its membership terms, it would automatically be treated as a “market economy” after 15 years, which meant 11 December, 2016.All WTO members would have to stop using their own calculations from that date, said the Chinese envoy, whose name was not given by a WTO official who spoke to reporters about the meeting.Dumping complaints are a frequent cause of trade disputes at the WTO, and dumping duties are even more frequently levied on Chinese products.In September alone, the WTO said it had been notified of EU anti-dumping actions on 22 categories of Chinese exports, from solar power components to various types of steel products and metals, as well as food ingredients such as aspartame, citric acid and monosodium glutamate. The EU was also slapping duties on Chinese bicycles, ring binder mechanisms and rainbow trout.From the end of next year, such lists would need to be based on China’s domestic prices “to avoid any unnecessary WTO disputes”, the Chinese representative said.More than 20% of the 500 disputes brought to the WTO in its 20 year history have involved dumping, including several between China, the EU and the United States in the last few years.
Bill Duke and Rajinikanth.PR HandoutActors in Tamil and across South Indian desire to work with Rajinikanth. Many artistes plead filmmakers to give an opportunity to share screens space with him at least for one scene. What comes as a surprise is even an international actor too has wished to work with our Thalaivar.American actor and filmmaker Bill Duke has made an open request to AR Murugadoss to cast him in Darbar on Twitter. “@ARMurugadoss I do not speak #Tamil…but I could be @rajinikanth “long lost American Cousin” or #Nayanthara “Uncle” you know they say I can act!!! @sreekar_prasad & @santoshsivan can edit me in!!! @anirudhofficial can compose a #HitSong with stars from all over, what you think?[sic]” he wrote.The message apparently stunned AR Murugadoss, who responded, “Sirrrrrr..? It’s really you? [sic]” However, it has to be seen whether the director will cast him in the flick. Nonetheless, it is not clear whether it is the official account of the said actor or his imposter.Bill Duke is a multifaceted talent who has worked in the movies like Commando, Predator, American Gigolo, No Man’s Land, Bird on a Wire, Menace II Society, Exit Wounds, Payback, X-Men: The Last Stand and Mandy among many others.Coming to Darbar, the shooting of the multilingual is progressing in Mumbai and the team has plans to wrap up the filming by the end of August. The Rajinikanth starrer will be ready for release for next Pongal festival.Darbar is an action thriller which tells the story of a cop played by Rajinikanth. Nayanthara enacts the role of his wife. Yogi Babu, Nivetha Thomas, Suniel Shetty, Prateik Babbar and many others are part of the cast.
Rangpur goes to polls ThursdayThe northern city of Rangpur is going to civic polls today, Thursday, first ever on the party lines with country’s two major archrival political parties – ruling Bangladesh Awami League (AL) and Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP) – exerting their all-out efforts to bag the win.Despite being civil polls, Rangpur mayoral elections have taken the centre stage of the country’s politics as both the arch rivals are considering it as a dress rehearsal for the 11th parliamentary elections scheduled to be held in late 2018.Besides, ruling AL’s ally and official opposition in parliament Ershad-led Jatiya Party has been bent on winning the polls to prove its popularity in its bastion, Rangpur.Chief election commissioner (CEC) KM Nurul Huda on Wednesday said the election commission (EC) has completed all the preparations to hold the Rangpur City Corporation polls in a free, fair and credible manner, reports BSS.“All preparations have been completed for holding the polls and the overall situation is in favour of this…We hope that the election will be held in a free, fair and transparent manner,” he said.The CEC was addressing a press briefing over the polls at the election commission secretariat media centre in Dhaka.CCTV cameras will be used at three voting centres, Huda said, adding that they cannot confirm the use of new EVMs (Electronic Voting Machine) in Thursday’s polls.Election commissioner Md Rafiqul Islam said the EC has taken all preparations so that the voters can cast their votes peacefully.Adequate number of law enforcers will be deployed for security, he added.A total of seven candidates for the mayoral posts, 211 candidates for 33 general councillor posts and 65 candidates for 11 reserved posts for female councillors ended their hectic last-moment electioneering Tuesday night.Polling will begin at 8:00am on Thursday in all 1,122 polling booths of 193 polling centres under 33 wards in area and continue till 4:00pm without any break.Counting of votes will start subsequently at Police Community Hall in the city.A total of 393,994 voters would apply their voting rights. Of them, 196,356 are males and 197,638 females.
Asaduzzaman Khan Kamal. File photoHome minister Asaduzzaman Khan Kamal on Friday said stern action will be taken if anyone tries to create anarchy centring the verdict in Zia Orphanage Trust graft case, reports UNB.He came up with the warning while talking to reporters after a function organised on the occasion of the metropolitan family day at the Dhakeshwari temple in Old Dhaka.The verdict in Zia Orphanage Trust corruption case against BNP chairperson Khaleda Zia and her son Tarique Rahman is scheduled to be delivered on 8 February.”Law is equal to all. If anybody tries to create anarchy centering the verdict, then action will be taken. Members of our law enforcement agencies have been kept alert in this regard,” he said.When asked whether any action would be taken against the people involved in clash between Narayanganj MP Shamim Osman’s supported hawkers and supporters of mayor Selina Hayat Ivy, the minister said, “We have been trying to identify the offenders through scrutinising video footages Then legal action will be taken against them.”On 16 January, at least 50 people, including seven policemen and five journalists, were injured in a clash when hawkers supported by Shamim Osman and his loyalists deterred Narayanganj City Corporation Mayor Selina Hayat Ivy’s move to free illegally occupied roads and footpaths at Chashara intersection of the river town.