LATEST STORIES Damir Vrbanovic has retained his position since being sentenced by a court in Croatia in June to a three-year jail term — though Article 68 of FIFA’s disciplinary code bars officials “convicted of a criminal offense in the past five years.”However, FIFA has decided that the sentence is not final because the former Dinamo Zagreb director general is appealing to a higher courtFEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSAfter winning title, time for LA Tenorio to give back to Batangas folkSPORTSTim Cone still willing to coach Gilas but admits decision won’t be ‘simple yes or no’ Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next With Argentina out, Pacquiao and Matthysse bet on different World Cup teams Palace OKs total deployment ban on Kuwait OFWs Putin’s, Xi’s ruler-for-life moves pose challenges to West Report: Disney dropping the ‘Fox’ from movie studio names Volcano watch: Island fissures steaming, lake water receding Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Trump assembles a made-for-TV impeachment defense team ‘High crimes and misdemeanors’: Trump impeachment trial begins Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. MOST READ Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew Nadine Lustre’s phone stolen in Brazil View comments In fight vs corruption, Duterte now points to Ayala, MVP companies as ‘big fish’ Croatia’s Luka Modric, Ivan Perisic, Ante Rebic, Marcelo Brozovic and Filip Bradaric, from left, warm up during a training session in the Luzhniki sport ground at 2018 soccer World Cup in Moscow, Russia, Monday, July 9, 2018. (AP Photo/Francisco Seco)MOSCOW — FIFA is letting a top Croatian soccer official watch the team’s World Cup semifinal against England from a VIP section on Wednesday despite him being convicted last month in a corruption case linked to the transfer of Luka Modric.When Croatia beat Russia in the quarterfinals on Saturday, the soccer federation’s CEO-like director general sat in the same row of seats as state President Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic and Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev.ADVERTISEMENT
Once the development club begins running on a regular basis, those enrolled will run along the same rules and regulations developed by B.C. provincial basketball, which can be examined through their official website.Registration for the program only costs $10, and the organization is supporting the idea of fundraising in order to keep registration fees as affordable as possible to those interested.Once a board of directors is formed, more information will become available for the development program.- Advertisement -The club’s first order of business is to get itself a name.Anyone interested in volunteering, offering ideas or has any questions, please visit the club’s official Facebook page.
Brandishing two 7mm pistols, the lone attacker had hijacked the Boeing 737, carrying 71 passengers and a crew of eight, shortly after it took off from the Mauritanian capital of Nouakchott. The flight was headed for Gran Canaria, one of Spain’s Canary Islands, with a stopover planned in Nouadhibou in northern Mauritania. He wanted to go to France so that he could request political asylum, said Mohamed Ould Mohamed Cheikh, Mauritania’s top police official. The hijacker was identified as Mohamed Abderraman, a 32-year-old Mauritanian, said an official with the Spanish Interior Ministry office on Tenerife, another of the islands in the Atlantic archipelago. The official spoke under rules barring publication of his name. Mauritania has said the hijacker was a Moroccan from the Western Sahara. The crew told the hijacker, who spoke Arabic, that there was not enough fuel to fly to France. In addition, Morocco denied a request for the plane to land in the city of Djala in the Moroccan-controlled Western Sahara, so Lemine headed for Las Palmas in Gran Canaria, the flight’s original destination. “We were afraid. We thought it was people from al-Qaida or the Algerian GSPC who were going to cut our throats,” said Aicha Mint Sidi, a 45-year-old passenger, referring to the Muslim extremist group. “I trembled during and after the hijacking,” added passenger Dahi Ould Ali, 52. “I thought the plane was going to blow up any minute, either in midair or on landing.” While talking to the gunman, Lemine realized the hijacker did not understand French. The 50-year-old captain used the plane’s public address system to tip off passengers in French about his plan to throw the hijacker off-balance so that the flight crew and about 10 passengers in the front rows could subdue him, the Spanish official said. Lemine also ordered women and children to move to the back rows of the plane in preparation for the subterfuge, the official said. About 20 people were slightly injured when the plane braked suddenly, the official added. Spanish officials – and some passengers – initially were concerned the hijacking was related to the trial that began earlier in the day in Spain for 29 people accused of the 2004 Madrid train bombings. The hijacker was arrested by Spanish police who boarded the plane after it landed at Gando airport, outside Las Palmas.160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! SANTA CRUZ DE TENERIFE, Canary Islands – A cunning pilot thwarted a hijacking by discreetly warning the passengers in French – a language the gunman didn’t speak – that he would knock the attacker off-balance with a rough landing, and that they should be ready to pounce. The ploy worked. As Capt. Ahmedou Mohamed Lemine landed the Air Mauritania Boeing 737, he slammed on the brakes, then abruptly accelerated, throwing the hijacker to the floor, officials said Friday. The forewarned passengers and crew threw boiling water from a coffee maker on the man’s face and chest, then beat him into submission. “The man deserves a medal,” Air Mauritania spokesman Ahmedou Ahmedou said of Lemine, a 20-year veteran of the airline, after the ordeal ended Thursday evening.
0Shares0000The Belgian goalkeeper has made no secret of his desire to join the European champions, having previously played for their rivals, Atletico Madrid. According to Henrotay, Courtois’ desire to move is motivated by wanting to be near his children rather than money. Photo/TEAMTALKMEDIALONDON, United Kingdom, Aug 4 – Thibaut Courtois’ agent, Christophe Henrotay, has pleaded for Chelsea to let him leave them for Real Madrid, suggesting that it would be in the London club’s best interests.The Belgian goalkeeper has made no secret of his desire to join the European champions, having previously played for their rivals, Atletico Madrid. According to Henrotay, Courtois’ desire to move is motivated by wanting to be near his children rather than money. “I have been reading everywhere that Chelsea are saying it is up to Thibaut, but he has made it clear to the club that the best option for him is to move to Madrid,” Henrotay said, according to The Sun.“For him this is a big decision because he wants to be near his family, and there is an offer in place for Chelsea to accept.”Chelsea head coach Maurizio Sarri has suggested that Courtois is in control of his own destination, claiming: “I don’t know in the future. It depends on the club, it depends especially on him, but I hope Courtois will be our goalkeeper.”However, Henrotay argued that the Blues would be shooting themselves in the foot if they did not cash in on the 26-year-old while they still could.“Throughout this it is important for everyone to be reasonable, and the buying club has come up with a reasonable offer for a player who has one year left on his contract when they know they could sign him without a fee in 12 months,” he said.“Chelsea could get a fair fee for him now and sign a replacement. Or they would still have to sign a replacement next summer, but without getting a fee for Thibaut.“It is understandable people might be upset because he wants to leave the club, we accept that.“But this is a human decision based on someone wanting to be close to his children — and that is a reasonable thing too.”0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
Pedro with Barcelona manager Luis Enrique 1 Arsenal target Pedro has admitted he is not enjoying life at Barcelona.The Spain international revealed after his side’s 2-0 defeat to the Netherlands on Tuesday that he is frustrated at the Nou Camp.The 27-year-old has started 12 La Liga matches this season and has been substituted in seven of those. In the Champions League, he has started just two of his side’s matches so far.Manager Luis Enrique has even discussed turning the winger into a right-back, with Dani Alves set to leave, and the uncertainty is taking it’s toll on the Spaniard.“When you have [only] a few minutes, it is difficult to find the rhythm,” he said. “I’m living a difficult situation at Barcelona.”
A County Donegal man has been acquitted by a jury of 34 counts of raping and indecently assaulting a woman when she was a child.The jury in the case failed to reach a majority verdict on 12 other counts of indecent assault and rape, they told Mr Justice Paul Carney at the Central Criminal Court.The accused man, now 62, had pleaded not guilty to all charges relating to alleged abuse between January 1965 and June 1975. The man told gardaí that he “feelings” for the woman but they never had a sexual relationship.He told gardaí his foster mother, who was the complainant’s guardian, “became aware of feelings between us and she wanted to interrupt this”.He claimed he was 23 at the time and the complainant was 15 or 16.NOT GUILTY: JURY ACQUIT DONEGAL MAN ON 34 SEX ABUSE CHARGES, NO VERDICT ON 12 OTHERS was last modified: March 30th, 2012 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:NO VERDICT ON 12 OTHERSNOT GUILTY: JURY ACQUIT DONEGAL MAN ON 34 SEX ABUSE CHARGES
More than €2 million of exchequer funding is to be given to Ireland’s regional airports, including Donegal.Donegal Airport at CarrickfinNews of the funding for Carrickfin has been welcomed by Donegal TD Dinny McGinley.“This allocation of €2 million of exchequer funding to regional airports is welcome news for Donegal Airport at Carrickfinn, which should receive a significant percentage. The funding is to be made available under the current Regional Airports Programme. “This money is crucial for Donegal Airport to develop its business, marketing and promotion potential and enhance the contribution it makes to the regional and local economy.”H added that an airport in Donegal is important for the development of business, employment and tourism in the county.“I very much welcome the Government’s recognition of the importance of regional airports.“Today’s approved funding will bring the total financial supports paid by the Exchequer under the Regional Airports Programme to nearly €13 million in 2014.” DONEGAL AIRPORT TO GET SLICE OF €2M FUNDING PACKAGE was last modified: December 10th, 2014 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:carrickfinDinny McGinleyDonegal Airportfunding
SummaryReviewer Nathalie DuboisReview Date2018-10-27 10:24:32Reviewed Item Kissparts 32″ Charming Long Wavy White Color Curly Full Sexy Wig With Free Wig Cap and CombRating 2.0 / 5 stars, based on 5 reviewsPrice£13.88 arrived well within the time it said and looks like the pictureLet your hair downKissparts 32″ Charming Long Wavy White Color Curly Full Sexy Wig With Free Wig Cap and CombBrand New .100% High quality Heat Resistant Japanese Kanekalon fiber materialEasy to wash and care just using a little mild shampoo in cold water. Please don’t use Hair Drier or Put the wig expose to Intense Heat.A wig cap and wig comb included, Great for gift, Halloween, concerts, theme parties, weddings, dating, and any other occasion.It should fit most people’s head. All you should need to do is adjust the hooks inside the cap to the correct size to suit your head;SATISFACTION GUARANTEED – If you’re not satisfied, simply return it for 100% refund. I didn’t know it had arrived until my husband walked through the door declaring that it was time he had a haircut – and there he stood wearing this wig. After that my neighbour had to try it – she’s a tiny little 85 year old, so you can perhaps imagine the laughter. Anyway, fun aside, this is a lovely colour – a shimmery silvery grey/blonde. The hair is very long with a slight wave and curl, and a very heavy, long fringe, which could be trimmed accordingly if required. It comes complete with a special metal-toothed comb and a hairnet in which to keep your own hair. I wish i’d had this when i was a teenager when i craved long hair; it’s amazing how different wearing a long wig can make you feel. This, i can already see, will be great fun at parties, and with hallowe’en around the corner we’ll probably be fighting over who gets to wear it. I may be able to take some photographs at a later date. I was sent this free of charge in order to evaluate and review it. Arrived well within the time it said and looks like the picture, first wig so can’t compare but i think it looks good.
An Introduction to Photovoltaic SystemsGood News, Bad News: A Glut of Solar PanelsTesting a Thirty-Year-Old Photovoltaic ModulePV Systems Have Gotten Dirt Cheap RELATED ARTICLES Manufacturing efficiency is improvingResearchers found that PV modules manufactured today are responsible for an average of 20 grams of carbon dioxide per kilowatt hour of electricity produced over their 30-year life span. That’s a decrease from the 400 to 500 grams per kWh in 1975-era panels. The break-even point — when energy output equals manufacturing energy input — has fallen from 20 years to just two years.Each time the world’s solar capacity doubled, the energy required to make a PV module fell by about 12%, The Economist said, while carbon dioxide emissions associated with the process dropped by 17-24%.Still, the global break-even point remains vague. Because of uncertainties in the computer model as well as photovoltaic performance, researchers said that the break-even point could have occurred as early as 1997. At worst, the industry will reach that milestone next year.Over that 40-year period, cumulative installed PV capacity grew from less than 1 megawatt to about 180 gigawatts, with a compound annual growth rate of 45%, the study said. China was expected to surpass Germany as the country with the most installed PV capacity in 2015. More efficient manufacturing processes have steadily reduced the amount of energy required to make photovoltaic (PV) modules, cutting the amount of time it takes for a panel to produce as much energy as was used to manufacture it to two years or less, a new study concludes.Writing in the journal Nature Communications, Wilfried van Sark and his colleagues find that the break-even point for all of the PV panels manufactured worldwide between 1975 and 2015 falls no later than 2018, and could even have already occurred, as early as 1997.The study may help settle a debate over the net environmental benefit of solar panels. Skeptics note that the large amount of electricity needed to melt and purify the silicon used to make the PV cells comes mostly from power plants burning fossil fuels, a recent article in The Economist says. That produces a lot of carbon dioxide, meaning that PV panels have a large “carbon debt” that must be settled before the panels are able to make a genuine environmental contribution.Van Sark and his fellow researchers from Utrecht University in the Netherlands used data from the International Energy Agency to calculate the number of PV panels installed worldwide over the last 40 years. They relied on dozens of published studies to estimate the amount of energy required to make them, and consequently the amount of carbon dioxide emitted during the process.
The J&K Cable Car Corporation (JKCCC) and State Forest Department’s failure to identify the treeline crossing the height of the Gondola ropeway at tourist hotspot Gulmarg resulted in the first-ever accident on June 25 that left seven, including four tourists, dead.Sources privy to the preliminary assessment carried out by a three-member probe committee headed by State commissioner secretary, Power Development Department (PDD), Dheeraj Gupta, told The Hindu that the treeline in the first phase of the ropeway between Gulmarg and Kongdoori was continuously posing a threat. The 5-km ropeway is the longest in the country. Safety testSources said the treeline comprising quail and fir trees cleared the safety test in 1998 when the ropeway was inaugurated. However, in the past 19 years these trees acquired a height of around 2 to 2.5 feet annually and crossed the ropeway height and became a looming threat. “One of the fir trees, between 50 to 60 feet high, with false ground roots was bent by the winds on June 25 and hit the ropeway. This caused sagging of the rope, resulting in wobbling and swinging, which derailed the capsule carrying people. It’s wrong information that the rope was cut, as it can bear a weight of over one lakh metric tons,” a top official of the JKCCC told The Hindu.The accident took place in the first phase of the ropeway with dense tree line on both sides and which sees a vertical rise of 400 metres in nine minutes. The second phase, which has a steeper rise of 879.91 metres, takes tourists from Kongdoori to Apharwat at an altitude of 13,400 feet in 12 minutes. JKCCC officials have identified 60 to 70 trees that have to be immediately cut by the forest department, which owns the land. Meanwhile, a fresh French team has been invited to assess the damage and issue a fresh certificate to allow the Gondola service to resume. It has remained shut since June 25.